Thursday, January 24, 2013

SMART GOAL....S

Although I have yet to choose a certain path with which I will shape my career, I have narrowed it down to becoming a professional in the field of Psychology or a professional in graphic design. Both paths, although dramatically different, will acquire from me the same tools of success to get there. Internships, mentors, work experience, and study of the craft are all tools that are very necessary during and after graduating college. Internships will give me work experience in the field and connections. Mentors will be excellent advisors because they have been in my shoes once and know the ins and outs of the profession. Studying the craft will allow me to become a true professional in the path I choose to pursue. Another goal I have is to work hard in order to relive my father’s tired hands. I would like to work so he can finally relax after almost 30 years of hard manual labor. My parents have both worked very hard to give my siblings and me a better life. I plan to pay them back for their hard work and loving hearts with my own hard work and my own loving heart. These two goals will only be attainable with not only hard work but smart work. The tools of internships, mentors and work experience will allow me to settle into a career and become the professional I see myself becoming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment