Monday, May 6, 2013

Question 3 Essay

For my outlines I write 'step one...step two' and so on because it helps me organize and break down the essays much more fluently. Its like cleaning my room, all the material is laid out for me all I need to do is put it in the right place and to do so I follow steps. I do my bed first, put everything on the bed and start separating the clothes into different piles depending on if they're pants, sleeping stuff, shirts, etc. Then I put them in their spots, do a final check for errors and it's clean! I'm not crazy, let me explain this to you guys...cleaning my room is like writing an essay because the material is laid out for me in my brain, all I need to do is put it in the right places. By doing my bed first, I can lay out all my clothes, so the bed acts as a foundation just as step one (figuring out what your essay's purpose will be and the question they want you to answer) acts as the foundation. Then when I start categorizing the clothes, it's the same thing as categorizing the body paragraphs, one pile of info for diction, one pile for imagery and so on. So the last thing is putting the clothes away which is like actually writing the essay which requires everything to be put in the right places, pants with the pants, words with diction, images with imagery. Then finally I do the finishing touches which is like proof reading! Then when the AP readers read my essay (or go into my room) they will either see a clean room (good organized essay) which will get a good grade or an attempt at an essay which is unorganized, the equivalent of stuffing your dirty clothes under the bed and throwing your shoes into the back of the closet. Weird comparison but it helps me and hopefully helps someone else...probably not! 
Outline:

Step one: Breaking down what they want from you-how the character's surroundings shape the character and help explain theme(s) of the novel.

Step two: Pick a book that you know more about how their surroundings affected them-Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy. Surroundings shapes the prideful spirit of Darcy because he is rich and snooty until Liz makes him fall in love for her. The change of setting from London to the country was a huge turning point for him because he grows humble and dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment