Sunday, February 24, 2013

BRAVE NEW WORLD (I)


It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.


I really enjoy reading science fiction books because they transport you to a different world. This one chapter was very interesting, especially the part about 632 AF which I googled and it starts the years when Henry Ford created the Model T. For the author to use AF as a year indicator, it shows that this society sees technology as religious, just as we use AD and BC and our society views Christianity as a large religion. Also in this society, everyone thing is completely controlled and you don't have ownership of your life. It seems like they thought perfection would bring happiness and they forgot that freedom is what fuels happiness. This type of society frightens me and I wonder if it scares me because of the fact that certain aspects might be made reality one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment