Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Notes on Hamlet

If I could use one word to describe how I felt at the beginning of Hamlet it would be intimidated. The language was tough and I knew interpreting it was going to be a pain but as we did the collaborative work when Dr. Preston was gone, I started to understand it. Just watching the way my classmates would analyze it, I learned how to do it too. When I first started reading I though Hamlet the character was going to get boring because he was a prince and as far as I am concerned princes have nothing to do with their lives other than to wait to be king. Then, as we progressed through the story, I love the rebellious side that comes out in Hamlet and his crazy is entertaining. I thought I would pity the Queen because of her lose but with her moving on so quickly, there is no reason to. Knowing Shakespeare's style, there will not be such a happy ending and I somewhat still expect one. We will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment