Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare?

William Shakespeare, the man behind great pieces like Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Cesear, and Macbeth. Not much is known about his life but what is does prove he was alive and the writer of these plays. Because we don't have an autobiography from Shakespeare we are left to wonder his feelings, personal stories, and other aspects of his life only he would know. I didn't know Shakespeare would be such a hard read until my freshman year. He is dreaded by students because the language is so different than the English we speak today but as I read it today the writing is much more clear to me and I can actually analyze his words instead of just understanding in a summary what just happening. I still struggle with the arrangement of the words and the 'tis and th'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment