Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?


I first learned of Facebook from my sister and I thought it was boring compared to Myspace but as I (and everyone else) grew out of the Myspace phase, Facebook became more appealing. It was easy and fun to use and it was much more mature than Myspace. Now, I don't have a Facebook as I am not an extremely social person and I don't like to share my personal life with strangers. Facebook, like everything, has its pros and cons. Pros are that you can keep in contact with people and establish new connections. Cons consist of Facebook selling your information to other businesses and it also filtering the things you see. The article is disturbing because it shows how big corporations will find any way possible to get more money, without thinking twice about the people they might hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment