Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tools that Change the Way We Think


I sometimes think technology doesn't allow me to think but instead gives me the answers and doesn't allow me to be creative. I think better out loud and in group of people or just by myself when given insightful questions. The technology has made it easier for us to think but I believe thinking should be hard and only hard thinking will get your mind somewhere. I have become much lazier in my work because of the extensive technology. The technology works hard therefore I don't have to. This is fine at times when we use the tech as a resource but as this progresses we overuse and abuse the technology given to us. The quote above makes me think on the movie "Wall-E" where all the humans are useless and they can not do anything for themselves. I hope we do not get to that point with technology but we will just have to see where this information age takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment